In order to protect your privacy, we want you to be aware of the following information. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Web Site Information: Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our website, including your IP address, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, page views, and website navigation.
- Transaction Information: information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any payments you make. It includes insurance coverages, limits and rates and payment and claims history. It also includes information that we require for billing and payment.
- Application Information: You provide this information through your agent or broker, or by phone. It includes, but is not limited to, your name, street address, phone number, driver’s license number, date of birth, gender, marital status, type of vehicle, and information about any other drivers.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognize you when you visit.
Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted or until they reach a specified expiration date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, while some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of this website.
(3) Using your personal information
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
All our website financial transactions are confidential along with any complaints and queries relating to such payments.
(4) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password except when you log in to the website.
(5) Policy amendments
(6) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity; for this purpose, we will usually require your name, address, telephone number and policy number.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
We will never use your personal information for marketing purposes.
(7) Third party websites
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(8) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Anchor General Insurance Agency, Inc.
P.O. Box 509020
San Diego, CA 92150-9020